Becoming Brynne and Hadley's mother was the most overwhelming thing I've ever gone through. I counted down each day--minutes until I needed to nurse the girls again, hours until Brad would walk in the door, days until the weekend. I would even verbalize that I couldn't wait until the girls were older and things were easier. Instead of enjoying the moment, the spot where God had me right then and there, I was living for whatever was next, whatever was easier, whatever was down the road. Precious moments were slipping away from me, and I wasn't acknowledging them. Ugh--it makes me cry to write that!
Counting my blessings, things to be thankful for, is and has been a delight for me--I love when I find a moment, and now consciously make a note to remember it, to cherish it, and write it down. I would encourage each of you to try this. It has been such a great blessing to see the gifts in my marriage, my children, my family and my friendships--to live life in the here and now.
And now--three weeks worth of blessings:
167. Great nine month check-up for the girls.
168. Healthy weight gain; Hadley is 16 lbs 8 oz and Brynne is 18 lbs even.
169. 75 degrees for a week in November.
170. Laying on the deck with Brad listening to music and looking up at the stars.
171. Seeing two shooting stars in one night.
173. Hanging out with Laila before baby Nori gets here.
174. Laila playing with the twins, so that I could pack and make babyfood for our weekend travel.
175. Having a small enough butt to fit between the twins' carseats in the backseat.
176. Surviving the first holiday travel of the season.
177. Surviving 24 hours by myself with the twins.
178. Holding sweet baby Noria.
179. Playdate with Rashell and Max.
180. Max lending the girls one of his toys to play with.
181. Orange noses from too much carrots/pumpkin/squash.
182. Rearranging our furniture in the living room.
183. Walk and playing with the Becca and the twins in the warm Monday before Thanksgiving.
184. Becca loaning us her pack n' play for our Thanksgiving travels.
185. Safe travels to my parents' home in the rain.
186. Brynne falling asleep as soon as we arrived.
187. Hadley's snuggles as she figured out how to sleep in a strange place.
188. Great napping away from home.
189. Driving around to let the girls nap a bit longer.
190. The lady at the store who thought my sisters and I were triplets.
191. Brisk walks with my sisters.
192. Watching the girls play with their aunts and uncles and grandparents.
193. Brynne and Hadley's resilience and adaptability away from home.
194. Thanksgiving feast with Brad.
195. By doing this I remember to be thankful in all circumstances in my everyday, not just on Thanksgiving.
196. Putting up Christmas decorations while watching Love Actually with Brad.
197. Two new stockings hanging over our fireplace.