BUT--someone thinks I'm Stylish!
Umm...I have only won something once in my entire life; I entered a give-away put on by this lovely lady, and won! Even though we played volleyball together in college, I promise it was legit. I won fair and square!
Thank you, Annissa, for the award. I'm humbled, and flattered.
There are conditions to this award, and if you don't follow through, your hair will turn grey and your teeth will fall out. No, really, follow through if you want to--OR, just bask in the glow of winning your major award, and do absolutely none of the following:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Award 15 other bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
- I am 5'10", and I really like being tall. I was done growing in 6th grade. My nickname in grade school was "Jolly Green Giant". I blame my mom for buying me a green winter coat that year.
- I love to sweat (when it's appropriate). The feel of sweat dripping from my body gives me a feeling of accomplishment, and sweating along with other people gives me a feeling of camaraderie.
- I like to smell my daughters' heads--I wish someone could bottle that smell (except when they smear food in their hair--that's a whole different story).
- My husband was my investment advisor--that's how we met. He thought social workers made a lot of $$$$. Boy, did I had him buffaloed!
- I am, along with approximately 10% of the world's population and Oprah, Left-handed. I really like being left-handed.
- For my birthday, the first year we were dating, my husband, then boyfriend, got me a left-handed wine key and can opener. I knew right then and there he was a keeper.
- My favorite song to sing to my girls is Que Sera, Sera, from the Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Man Who Knew Too Much. I LOVE Doris Day---I think she was gorgeous!
- Melissa @ Bumblebee Grace. Melissa is one of the craftiest people I know--she can make just about everything. I love her photography, and I know you will too. Her twin daughters are a few months older than mine; the girls have MPI (Milk Protein Intolerance), so Melissa was dairy free for almost an entire year while she breastfed them. You know that ooey, gooey cheese on pizza? Cream in your coffee? Yeah, she gave that up--that is love, people! She has some great dairy-free recipes on her blog, even if you can have dairy, they are pretty darn tasty! She and I are getting ready to have a blog conversation about beauty--stay tuned, it's going to be very cool!
- Alice @ The Journey Home. Alice is the mama to two beautiful little boys. She is such a wise woman, who talks about her faith vulnerably, and honestly.
- Shell @ Taking a Chance on My Passion. Shell is an artist and a poet, with a heart as big as the ocean. She loves with all of her might, and gives of herself fully and tirelessly. I am humbled to be part of this piece of art she did for Mother's Day.
- Valerie @ Sunshine Beyond the Clouds. Valerie's twin boys are one year old today! Congrats, you made it, Mama! She records all the precious moments of her boys' lives with lots of great pictures.
- Jessica @ Our Front Porch Looking In. Jessica is the mama to boy/girl twins just a couple months younger than my girls. She is very savvy, and is quick to tell you when she's found a kid product worth buying.
- MandyE @ My Life as Described By Twin Trials and Triumphs. Mandy's twin girls just turned two. She has been so helpful and encouraging to me since we connected in blogland a few months ago. Mandy is witty, and a great writer!
- Sara @ Family Organic. Sara parallels her life as the mama of twins with finding different ways to go green.
- Kendra @ Miracle of the Moment. Kendra is a genuine, bubbly and passionate woman--you can't help but love her, and her adorable twins, Abbey and Luke.
- Glennon @ Momastery. So, I feel a little silly doing this one. Glennon has a large following, and I am just another followee (is that even a word?!). She's just real--a real mama, a real Jesus lover, a real sinner, a real friend. Seriously, people, you need to read her stuff--she is spunky, passionate, hilarious, and a gifted writer. After spending any amount of time reading her blog, you will want to be her BFF.
- Julia @ My Crazy Journey to Joy. Because I love her name. Just kidding, I mean, I'm a little partial to the name Julia. Anyway, Julia seeks joy. Shouldn't we all? Stop in an encourage her on her journey.
- Jodi @ Curious Acorn. Jodi is an artist with great taste in shoes and an awesome love for her Creator. Her encouragement is a blessing to me.
- Jessica @ Haines Hollow. Jessica celebrates her life as the mama to two year old boy/girl twins. She's honest and funny--I really like her a lot!
- Angela @ Cherry Blossom Runs. So, Angela decided that she wanted to live a healthier lifestyle, and decided to become a runner. She started out running small races, and in October ran her first marathon. Reading her journey makes it seem possible for anyone to become a marathoner. She also does a great job of reviewing running gear.
- Kelley @ Blue is a Circle. Kelley is witty, clever, and a fabulous writer! I love reading her wisdom and perspective on life.
- Katie @ Once Upon a Time. Katie has chronicled her long journey through infertility, and now shares the joy of her twins, Sam and Anna. Katie has been so encouraging to me as a fellow twin mama. Reading her blog is refreshing, because she's honest and real.
If nothing else, I hope you enjoy seeing some new blogs. Happy reading!