Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mama Loves: Kate Winslet??

Hi friends! There were a few great ideas shared this past week. I hope you'll take a moment to check them out!
________________________________________________________________________________
A couple days ago, Mandy shared this "fabulous-ness" (in quotes because blogger won't acknowledge this as a real word---come on, blogger!) on her facebook page


Mama love, Love, LOVES this!

It's true. Our bodies are pretty incredible. They were carefully and uniquely knit together in our mama's womb, and they do many things. Maybe:
  • your body carried and nourished your child(ren)
  • your strong legs carry you miles towards a finish line
  • your capable arms swing your little ones over your head and hug them tight
  • your sparkling eyes look on others with love
  • your hands serve others by cooking meals, folding laundry, cleaning
  • your voice reads the same story a million times putting the same enthusiasm into every.single.word. the same way every time
  • your smile lights up a room
  • your mind creates beautiful things
  • your heart loves unceasingly and unconditionally (and will go on and on--ha!)
  • your hips shut drawers when your hands are full and know how to keep rhythm
  • your feet take you and your child(ren) on grand adventures
So, tell me. What do you love about your body? Do you talk about this with your children, or with your friends or family? What does this look like? 

Can't wait to see what you're loving! Oh, and you're welcome for putting Celine Dion in your head on this fine fall afternoon.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I just pounded my chest a little bit! Hahaha!!!

Particularly since having children, I love knowing that my body is STRONG. It's truly an amazing thing, something to be honored.

I'm sure I can do more to build a positive physical image in my girls' eyes, but we talk quite a bit about honoring and respecting our bodies...particularly along the lines of diet and exercise. My mom used to tell me, "You only have one set of eyes / teeth / whatever...you'd better take good care of them!" :)

cat said...

Oh beautiful! Love it.

Melissa Ann said...

I hope your words are marinating in your heart, dear friend!

I love how I have the perfect shoulder for Sedryn to grab onto while he sits on my perfect hip. I love how my neck is strong enough to handle Bronwyn's squeeze and hang hugs :) I love how Aeralind thinks it's hysterical to stand on my tucked legs and jump down to the bed. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing! That quote is wonderful and I would love to spare my girls a little of the body image issues I had as a teen/young adult. I will say that before I had kids I was obsessed with having a perfectly flat stomach, but since carrying twins I am now at peace with the fact that it is how it is and looks how it looks and thank the lord that I get to wear clothes every day to cover it up! :-) But it doesn't bother me the way it did before. Now I just shrug and move on with my day.