Yes, it's true. And, boy are they proud of it!
You can sample:
- Deep fried horseradish pickles
- Bourbon chicken with horseradish
- Pot roast horseradish sandwiches
- Mongolian BBQ with horseradish.
I bet you can't wait to come visit now, right?
It was one of those things that goes on in our area every year, and we've never experienced it, so we decided to take my sister and her husband, Brynne and Hadley's beloved Masi and Masa.
Here's a picture of them at the festival:
So, maybe this international fest wasn't all that exciting, but at least we can all cross that one off our bucket lists, or something.
The girls got to bounce in the bounce-house with their Masa while we were there, and they did really love that, so it wasn't a total bust.
There's lots of other things to mention over the past two weeks. I've been blessed. (1299-1328)
- The girls chasing Noodle back and forth, and asking to do it over and over again.
- Amanda and Mital making extra pizza, so I'd have meals for the week while Brad was away.
- Masi and Masa bringing a new book for the girls to read.
- Someone else reading Blueberries for Sal.
- Smooth sailing for the four days Papa was away on business.
- Sarah watching Brynne for me, so I could take Hadley to the doctor.
- Brynne doing really well away from her sister and mama.
- Hadley patiently waiting for 45 minutes to see the doctor.
- Laila watching the girls, so I could go to bootcamp.
- The girls jabbering away about all their little friends.
- Words, words, words.
- Good napping.
- Papa making spaghetti and meatballs.
- Saucy faces.
- The girls devouring quinoa and chicken.
- Brynne singing "Holy, holy, holy," to a song on Pandora.
- Hadley washing my hands.
- The girls still fitting in one swing.
- Playdate at the park.
- Someone picking up the diaper bag that I, carelessly, left at the playdate.
- A God that has it all together for me since, clearly, I do not.
- Grace for myself and from others.
- Generous friends.
- Brad going to the men's retreat.
- Ears on our corn.
- Slide to play on outside.
- The girls answering catechism questions.
- Saying Ephesians 6:1-2 with the girls MANY times throughout the day.