Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mama Loves: Great Books!

Welcome to another week of Mama Loves! I'm so thrilled that you stopped by!

Not sure what Mama Loves is? Check out the Mama Loves page for the scoop on what Mama Loves is all about.

Also---to see all the amazing ideas that have been shared here, check out the Mama Loves Pinterest page. So many crazy-good ideas there!
________________________________________________________________________________
Please check out these great ideas from other mamas!
  • Clotheslines make clothes smell oh-so wonderful! (on a personal note, they come in really handy if you use cloth diapers!) 
 

  • Puddle Jumpers are an awesome way for your toddlers to swim in the water! Definitely a favorite with many mamas! Check out Katie's great review of them, and some definite proof that they're a hit! 
Stearns Kids Puddle Jumper Deluxe Life Jacket
______________________________________________________________________________
Katie always has fabulous posts about books her littles are loving! I pay close attention to these posts for two reasons:
  1. Her twins are less than a month behind Brynne and Hadley
  2. Katie is a Kindergarten teacher with both excellent taste in books and great experience with what kids love.
So, when Katie talks about books. I listen.

I am not a Kindergarten teacher, but we do read a whole lotta books around here. I thought I'd give you a list of a few that the girls loving the most lately. Maybe one of them will tickle your fancy. 
 


Oh, how the girls love Madeline! What I love about her character, is that she's not girly-girl; she's fearless and daring and proud of scar she gets in the book. The words are rhythmic and entertaining for both adults and children.

*A bonus is that there are lots of drawings of Paris in the book. My girls can identify the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and the Palace of Versailles.


The Paper Bag Princess

I'm not much of princess person---I think the "princess culture" is unhealthy in many ways. So, what on earth am I talking about princess book? You might ask. This, my friends, is no ordinary princess.

She's smart. She out-wits the dragon, who is holding her fiance captive. Yes, she rescues the prince, only to discover that the prince is vain and arrogant, so she decides she doesn't want to marry him after all.

A princess who is clever and wise. Great story! 

Little Blue Truck Board Book

 And its sequel:
 Little Blue Truck Leads the Way board book


 I think I originally heard of the Little Blue Truck from Katie. See? You should listen to her! The books she recommends are winners!

The Little Blue Truck books are fun and rhythmic. The girls know just when to interject the appropriate "beeps" and "honks" and have learned how to identify taxis----random, I know.  
Both these books present the lesson in the importance of being kind, which any mama loves.

Can't wait to see what you're loving!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

We love our puddle jumpers! We're on the second summer with them!

Laura Wells said...

I am totally late on this linky but I love love love books and wanted to link up this post.