With a birthday in early April, occasionally my birthday falls during Holy Week.
This year, as I celebrated another year on this earth, and Christendom honored Jesus' sacrifice, I was reminded----Jesus remained thankful, even as he knew he marched towards death. Death, so that I can celebrate this beautiful life eternally.
We had a really beautiful week. So much to be thankful for. Here are my top 33 (gifts 1186-1218):
1. Watching the girls throw maple tree seeds (helicopters) up in the air, and gleefully watching them whirl to earth.
2. Girls in sunhats.
3. Two girls very determinedly mowing the lawn---er--garden.
4. A night to craft.
5. New art for our travel wall.
6. Waking up to a bedroom full of moonlight.
7. Warm mornings to go running.
8. Laila showing up and offering go get the produce basket from the co-op, so that I didn't have to attempt it with two toddlers in tow.
9. Laila coming back with someone to load my produce basket into the car for me.
10. Sewing machine for my birthday!!
11. Inspiration to sew---so much fun!
12. Friends, excited to show me the ropes of sewing, and teach me.
13. SarahFae generously giving me thread and material to practice.
14. Compliments on the girls' behavior when we visited Papa at work.
15. Brynne insisting on spinning Hadley in their Papa's chair.
16. Perfect behavior from the girls when we ran into the grocery store, without the stroller, to grab one quick item.
17. The way Hadley's hair curls about her face on humid days, just like her Masi's hair does.
18. My husband's famous bunny pancakes.
19. My strong, healthy girls!
20. New book to read---a surprise in the mail!
21. Dusting off my iPod and taking it on a run for the first time in over two years.
22. A hair band that doesn't slip out of my hair!
23. Date night with Brad.
24. Celebrating Easter with church family.
25. Easter egg hunt.
26. Brynne, determinedly, keeping her sunglasses on the entire time.
27. Watching the girls running around, squealing chasing bubbles.
28. Delight over bubbles.
29. Hadley stopping to help up a little boy, who got knocked over in all the "bubble" frenzy.
30. Medicine that's working, so that Hadley can sprint all over the field, and not cough one time.
32. After the girls went to bed, Brad and I had a contest to see who could launch these the furthest:
33. I'm pretty sure I was the winner!