Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Excuse me? You want to do what right now???


As a mama of a six-month-old and two three year olds, I am in a season of life that leaves me just bone-tired.

I love the way Steve Weins describes this level of tired,
Ragged, how-am-I-going-to-make-it-to-the-end-of-the-day, eyes-burning exhausted.
Nailed it, right?

I don't know how you make it through days like this. I, pretty much function on coffee, prayer, and the hope that schedules will align, and just maybe (please, please, please-with-a-cherry-on-top, God?) all three girls will be down for a nap at the same time.

By eight, most nights, all three girls are in bed---we might come to the 8:00 bedtime limping and barely hanging on, but we get there. Then, Brad and I enjoy a bit of time together before we head to bed.

So. Here's the scene:

Teeth freshly brushed, face washed, comfy pajamas on, lights off, head nestled into my pillow, eyelids heavy, soon to be asleep---when it happens---my husband speaks into the quiet darkness of our room, asking for some "couple time".

________________________________________________________________________________

Please jump over here to read the rest of this post, where my friend, Melissa, is hosting a blogging series called Construction School for Wives.

She's asked me to write about marriage---something I'm totally an expert in. I mean----if marriage were a college course, I would have an A+. My name is totally synonymous with being a rock-star wife.

Or.

Maybe I really struggle, and the only reason it works out at all is because of a  whole lotta prayer and endless grace.

Maybe you can relate?

Or.

Maybe you're the rock-star wife.

Either way----love to hear from you.

3 comments:

Melissa Ann said...

Love your commentary here at the end. Hysterical and classic Julia!

Ohmydearests said...

Julia, you ARE brave and I can totally relate- even with only 2 toddlers

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Yes, Julia, you are very brave to share this. I so appreciate your candidness...a beautiful reminder, for sure. :) :)