Not sure what Mama Loves is? Check out the Mama Loves page for the scoop on what Mama Loves is all about.
Also---to see all the amazing ideas that have been shared here, check out the Mama Loves Pinterest page. So many crazy-good ideas there!
Lots of great ideas, again this week! Thanks so much for linking up your ideas here, friends!
- Katie loves these splat mats to go under the space where kids eat. Aren't they super cute? They actually go with decor in your home!
- Laura shared one of her favorite parenting books. There's a boy version of this too.
- Krista shares the joy of rotating toys, so that old toys become "new" again.
- Mandy shows us this very cool geometry activity that she came up with for her girls. They were entertained for an entire hour with this!
- Along the same lines, Marcia's twins loved working on this activity. Geometry, and hand-eye coordination----love it! (isn't her photography beautiful?!)
Before I get going, I wanted to take a second to thank all of you who stopped by with your prayers and well wishes for our family on Monday. I feel so blessed by this big, beautiful blogging community. Oh, and I realized that I forgot to say that we'll be expecting our little "Pat" sometime around 07 January 2013, or if my husband had his way, sometime before the end of 2012. We'll see, Husband, we'll see.
Anyway, without further ado....
When the girls were born we were given a $50 gift certificate to Pottery Barn Kids. It took me a really long time to decide how to spend it, I wanted to get something practical and useful, because if you've ever shopped Pottery Barn Kids----$50 doesn't go very far.
I decided on the Large Canvas Floor Tote. At the time, the girls' toys were being kept in the living room, so I was pleased that the brown polka dot design blended with our decor.
A bonus, if you're interested, I noticed that Pottery Barn Kids does have these totes on sale this week, so your $50 gift card will go a bit further than normal.
I have to tell you-----these things are HUGE! When we first got the tote, we didn't have that many toys, but now, it's full, and let me tell you----it holds a lot. The girls thought it was hilarious that their mama was making such a big mess. But it did serve a purpose. Here's a size comparison for you (the girls are about 37.5 inches tall:
Ah! I do love organizing the chaos just a little bit!
Can't wait to see what you're loving this week!