Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mama Loves: Pinterest

Welcome to another week of Mama Loves! So glad that you've stopped by!

Mama Loves is a linky party where mamas can share anything that has made your life easier as a mama.

Maybe you've found: 
  • a toy or book that captivates your child(ren)
  • gear you just can't live without
  • a recipe your choosy toddler gobbles down
  • a parenting book that you've found perspective changing
  • an activity that wears your kid(s) out (these lead to good naps, which we all love)
  • an outfit that flatters your post-baby body and makes you feel fabulous
  • or anything else you're loving--creativity welcome!
Share it with us! Blogging has made me a better mama, because I've learned about all kinds of great things, like those listed above, from mamas just like you. Here's your chance to share it with all of us!

To link your post up, click on the linky tool at the bottom, and follow the directions, it's really easy. You can also add this beautiful button to your post. Just grab the code in the box, copy and paste it into your post. Easy.
Manic Mother

_________________________________________________________________________________
So, Katie, Olusola, Wendy---you guys were right! Food pouches = awesome! They were the perfect travel treat for our girls over the Thanksgiving holiday! Hands down, one if the handiest inventions ever! Taking your toddlers out to eat? You need to get you some of these!
________________________________________________________________________________

Are you guys on Pinterest?

Pinterest is the greatest black hole of time. If I'm not careful, I can get on there Monday afternoon, and not emerge till Wednesday morning.

But I love it. And the girls kinda keep me from the whole Monday to Wednesday without a break thing.

I've suddenly become obsessed with finding engaging, challenging activities for the girls. Pinterest is full of those! Just check out a few that I've pinned (a.k.a bookmarked for those of you not down with the Pinterest lingo--get it? Pinterest. Pinned?). I've made/attempted a couple of these already, which I can't wait to share with you!

Our CSA, has given us some vegetables in our basket that have posed challenges for me. But, I can go on Pinterest, and type in "turnip recipes" or "cabbage recipes" and get hundreds of great ideas! Then, I can Pin those recipes on my own page to save and share.

You can follow me on Pinterest. If you don't already have an account, leave me your email address, and I'd be happy to send you an invite. And, if you're already on Pinterest, give me your info, so I can follow you!

Please join this big, wide world of Pinterest. Just don't blame me if you're unable to account for hours of your life. You've been warned.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.



5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I am "technically" on Pinterest, but I haven't pinned a thing. I tried installing the "pin" button one time, and it didn't take (???). So I decided perhaps that was a sign that I didn't need another potential addiction calling my name. You may know I have very little willpower. :)

I'll definitely check out your links, though...the perfect Pinterest interaction for me = limited and focused! HA!

Mary Cavalier said...

I am there - a lot! Totally addictive but useful. I am trying a new soup recipe today and I have pinned lots of ornament ideas for furture years of family ornaments - not to mention cardmaking and scrapbooking ideas.

Miss Megan said...

Ha! I'm with Mandy - I'm on pintrest, but apparently I'm pinning wrong or something- how is that even possible!?
ANYWAY...those are AWESOME ideas! Now if only I can figure out how to pin to my board or something so I can find them! The magnetic puzzle, the footprint painting, sensory bottles, and the racetrack down the stairs are all brilliant! Thanks for sharing!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

Ha1 I was going to do pinterest this week for Mama Loves! I knew it would be addicting for me, so I held off as long as I could until the pull was too great. For me, it gives me great ideas for my job as well.

Renae said...

I'd never heard of Pinterest before, but just today I read 2 FB post that mentioned it, and knew I must be missing out on something. I'll have to check it out sometime.