Mama Loves is a linky party where mamas can share anything that has made your life easier as a mama.
Maybe you've found:
- a toy or book that captivates your child(ren)
- gear you just can't live without
- a recipe your choosy toddler gobbles down
- a parenting book that you've found perspective changing
- an activity that wears your kid(s) out (these lead to good naps, which we all love)
- an outfit that flatters your post-baby body and makes you feel fabulous
- or anything else you're loving--creativity welcome!
To link your post up, click on the linky tool at the bottom, and follow the directions, it's really easy. You can also add this beautiful button to your post. Just grab the code in the box, copy and paste it into your post. Easy.
Feeding your kids is definitely an adventure. Here are some awesome ideas from some mamas in the trenches:
- Wendy has the perfect healthy snack for toddlers on the go.
- Do your kids love mangoes as much as mine do? Melissa will show you the kitchen tool that's been missing from your life.
- Jennifer can tell you about the most useful tool in her kitchen for preparing food for her twins.
- Dining out with you wee one? Check out this awesome travel high chair that Affton loves.
- Olusola will tell you about the chic way to snack.
- Looking for different breakfast ideas? Check Melissa's idea out (we tried it, and my girls love it!).
- Making your own baby food with healthy, Mama-approved ingredients that your kids will love is easy! Just ask Katie.
CSA = Community Supported Agriculture.
My father was (and still is) a small business owner, so it's been ingrained in me to appreciate local businesses, and to support them whenever possible.
We love our local farmer's market. The girls really love it too. We often indulge in some baked goods, and stock up on fresh eggs, locally raised pork, lamb and beef, and fill our bags with seasonal produce. It makes my heart swell with pride that I can make an entire meal with ingredients grown/raised within 10 miles of our home.
The farmer's market runs from mid-April to mid-October. The rest of the year, we order from local farmers, and have it delivered to a local pick-up spots. You can do this too!
It's so easy to find local CSA! Click the link, plug in your zip code, and enjoy locally grown goodness today! It's convenient, delicious, and spurns creativity. What do you with Brussels sprouts and eggplant?!
Pinterest is a great place to start looking for recipes! There are lots of great ways to exercise and challenge your taste buds. If you're in the baby-food-making phase, check out Katie's post for creative ways to prepare local goodies for your babies. I also really like using Weelicious.
[If you happen to live in the St. Louis area, check out Community Helpings Coop. The Produce Basket for $23 is a fantastic deal! Our pick up spot is five minutes from our house! So easy!]
I can't wait to see what you're loving this week!