Monday, June 6, 2011

Everything's a Miracle

703. This beautiful post.

So a bit more on it, in case you don't want to click over. I started reading Momastery months ago after reading this hillarious post about her toddler's meltdown in Target. Since that time I've continued to read. Glennon has such a passion for women---women struggling with recovery, with divorce, with heartache, or just with motherhood in general. We, the readers of her blog, adopt these philosophies: We Can Do Hard Things (sound familiar?), Love Wins, and We Belong to Each Other.

Her blog, Momastery, came about, because there are so many parallels between mothering and being a monk. It's holy work, this mothering business--molding and shaping little people, working alongside God, teaching them to love.

One thing at a time. Pay attention. Listen while you work. Everything’s a miracle.

Monks work to live that out. Wouldn't we all be better mothers, better people, if we approached everything this way?

I love this last one. Everything is a miracle. That's what I celebrate here--thanks = miracles.

All is grace = Everything's a miracle

Counting the rest of my miracles today:


704. The girls' first trip to the zoo.




705. A visit from their masi and masa.






706. Swimming in the backyard.





707. Smelling asiatic lilies.












708. Hollyhocks.


709. Pollen-covered noses.

710. Drinking wine from Barossa Valley.

711. New art.


holy experience

3 comments:

B. said...

Thank you for highlighting this beautiful post Julia. It brought tears to my eyes.

Jen said...

So agree. All is grace. Everything is a miracle!
A new follower,
Jen

Corinne Ritz said...

I really needed this post today. Thanks for sharing it, and I'm glad I got on and read it.