...is that sometimes it's just so damn hard sometimes.
If you have a problem with me using the word "damn" please read the below quote:
In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer. ~Mark TwainYes. Things were just that hard this week.
The girls and I, one by one, have fallen victim to this nasty virus. Like a bad game of dominos.
Cough induced vomiting.
Lack of appetite.
Don't be jealous.
Still...amist all the "hardness" there is much to be thankful for. I'm not saying I'm thankful for the virus. I'm not thankful for the coughing. I'm not really thankful for the runny noses. I'm sure as hell not thankful for the vomiting.
To say I was thankful for any of that would be a lie. Especially the vomit.
BUT--I am thankful for God's presence in all of it. I'm thankful for the blessing in the middle of all the foul-smelling, bodily-fluid, feel-like-crap, just plain hard stuff.
So--here it goes:
669. 15 month well check-up already scheduled with the pediatrician.
670. Resting during naptime.
671. Vomit being liquid, not chunky.
672. The weekend showing up when I was feeling my worst.
673. An awesome, healthy (knock on wood) husband that took care of everything for two days, so that I could rest.
Before the onslaught of sickness:
674. Playdate with Shelly and Max.
676. Necklace from Anna Ourth.
677. Gardening with Brynne.
678. Uncooperative walker who had grown out of her shoes.
679. Big step.
680. Riding on the car.
681. More irises