Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baby Deer

There's a mama polar bear with her twin polar bear babies, just like Brynne and Hadley.


flip
There's a mama orangutan holding her baby orangutan.

flip
There's a mama whale and a baby whale.

flip
There's a mama duck with all her ducklings. Quack, quack, quack.

flip
There's a baby deer drinking milk from her mama...

Today I had to choke back
...just like Brynne and Hadley do.
_____________________________________________

It's been part of the story, our story, for 18 months.

But, as with all good stories, they must come to an end.

My prayer was that it would be a peaceful end. For all of us.

Thank you, Jesus.

___________________________________________

Afterthought: I had no idea I was weaning during World Breastfeeding Week. I'm not sure if this makes it better or worse.







On In Around button

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Are you going to elaborate??? I get so so so sad thinking about one day being done nursing Noah...

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

We have those same books, and the picture of the orangutan gets me the most...just thinking about those tiny little fingers, grasping on so tightly to mama...

I understand what an emotional experience it is to wean the girls, but I hope you take immense pride in having done it for so long...how wonderful for all of you!

Melissa Ann said...

You've done well, friend. Enjoy the freedom and praise Him for the smooth transition :)

Twinside Out said...

Is it silly that I read this and cried? Mixed-emotion tears, because I know this day is coming for us and I want to hasten it, embrace it, delay it and run from it all at the same time.

I agree with what everyone else said - you have done so well! And I am glad it's a peaceful transition for all of you. God is good.

Unknown said...

It was a 14-month journey with my youngest. I pray for a smooth transition, grace, and peace, for you and your precious girls.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I love your sweet mom heart. Each stage has such sweet things . . . but the next stage is sweet too. (My daughter just turned 30 and being a mom is still sweet.)

Thanks for sharing this part of your journey.

Fondly,
Glenda

Shell said...

I hope it's an easy transition for all of you!