Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sluuuuurrrp

So, Brad's been traveling a lot.

I'm a chicken. 

True story.

I'm a big chicken.

So, when Brad's away, I never put anything on any Internet mediums of any kind that would suggest that he's not around, just in case there are creeps watching.

{If you are a creep, and you want to roll the dice that my husband might not be home, know this---I sleep with a baseball bat. I was a good ball player back in the day, but that doesn't matter, because I will beat the ever-loving stuff out of you if you dare to keep this twin mama from her precious sleep}

Anyway. When he's away, the girls and I treat ourselves to our favorite delivery food.  It's a local joint. Asian food made with fresh, real ingredients--it's delicious. Not your average Chinese take-out, people!

The girls love to gobble up their crab rangoon. Then, they set to work on the noodles. Pad Thai and spicy Sesame Noodles.

I love watching them slurp down those noodles! Makes me giggle every time! Makes Brad being gone almost worth it. Almost.






Project 52: Glimpse Into Motherhood

7 comments:

Mama Mama Quite Contrary said...

My husband's absence always turns me into a nervous nelly. I don't sleep well when's he is gone but I sleep great if he's home and I have the bed to myself! We also do takeout when he's away-- it's a vacation from cooking. That's how I like to look at it.

Angee @ October Morning said...

So so cute. We're a big Pad Thai family. Yum! We do take out when hubby is out of town. He's eating out so we can too.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Lucky you to have such a great restaurant...and you absolutely should treat yourselves to some yummies! I love that your girls love it as much as you do! :) :)

Karen said...

We bake cookies and brownies when Daddy is gone...our dirty little secret! And you're not a chicken...there's nothing as comforting as having the man of the house at home, especially at night.

Once Upon A Time said...

What a good idea to treat yourself when he's gone! Twin toddlers 24/7 solo is HARD.

I think I'll have to do that the next work trip my husband has. I'm thrilled that it shouldn't be until November. Although your deliciousness made me start to crave some take out now... :)

You're not a chicken. There's something different about it when it's all you and you have no one else to help instantly in case of an immediate emergency.

Jenny said...

I have to giggle reading your post because I do the same thing when my husband is gone. I don't talk about it online....I sleep with his huge Mag Light next to my bed and I go so far as to build elaborate "traps" in front of my door so if any one tried to get it, they'd wake me up.
Mmmmm, love me some asian food! Yummy!

Twinside Out said...

Our condo building has a locked point of entry, in addition to the locks on our front door - and we're on the third floor - and I still get nervous when we're here alone at night. :-p

I *LOVE* that your girls eat fun foods! I made curry for dinner last night for the first time, and the kids loved it. I want to raise adventurous eaters so badly - and the pics of your girls slurping up those noodles makes me want to go order takeout right NOW. Crab rangoon...yummy!