Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mama Loves: Kickoff

Hey there, and welcome to the first week of Mama Loves! I can't wait to hear about what you have to share with us!

Mama Loves is chance for mamas to share their loves of: toys, gear, recipes, beauty products--whatever makes your life just a little bit easier as a mama. My hope is that we can from a sisterhood of mamas who support and encourage one another through sharing what works. Each week I will share one thing, or several things that we are loving around here. I hope you'll join us and share your Mama Loves with us!

I have a couple Mama Loves to share with you this week, so without further ado, I'll kick things off:

1. Our girls absolutely love this book:


I'm so glad I virtually stumbled upon it while browsing children's books. I swear those folks over at amazon can read my mind sometimes. The verdict is still out on whether I think that's cool or creepy. I'll let keep you posted.

So, From Head to Toe. It's a great interactive book, which I love. We actually have to stand up to read this book. It goes through the body from head to toe, having your child:
  • turn your head like a penguin
  • bend your neck like giraffe
  • raise your shoulders like a buffalo
  • wave your arms like a monkey
  • clap your hands like a seal
  • thump your chest like a gorilla
  • arch your back like a cat
  • wiggle your hips like a crocodile (so funny!)
  • bend your knees like a camel
  • kick your legs like a donkey
  • stomp your foot like an elephant (my girls' favorite--we stomp every time we see an elephant now!)
  • wiggle your toes like "I"
At 18 months, my girls can do most of the movements. There are a few they struggle with still, so it will be challenging for them for awhile, which is great! It's so fun to watch them coordinate their bodies as I read off the different activities. I've "caught" the girls a few times reading the book by themselves "practicing" their moves.

2. I found this sassy nail polish color that I really love from OPI called Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous.

Seriously, it would be such a blast to get together with girlfriends, drink some wine and come up with nail polish colors. I'm convinced that is exactly what goes on over at OPI.

OPI

It's a dark silver color, so it's versatile, especially if you, like me, wear primarily silver jewelry.

My toes are always painted. Mostly, because my naked toenails are a scary, scary sight! 

When I want to feel really pretty, I paint my fingernails.

So, last Saturday, the hubs and I had a quasi-date. I say quasi-date, because we went to dinner with some of his clients. It was a lovely evening, though.

I rocked Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous on my toes and my fingers, and felt like a million bucks!

I can't wait to read all your Mama Loves this week!

To celebrate the kickoff of Mama Loves, if you link up, or leave a comment with your Mama Loves, you are entered into a drawing. One lucky lady will win a bottle of Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous! Spread the word, tell your friends! Winner will be announced next Saturday (8/13).

(Make sure to provide the link to the specific post you want to share in the linky below. It's really easy, just follow the directions.)

7 comments:

Julie Wilkinson said...

Sounds like a great book - I don't know how I missed that one with Ryan since we read other Eric Carle books together. I'll have to keep it in mind for the next one. :)

Twinside Out said...

Did Eric Carle also write The Very Hungry Caterpillar? I'll have to see if I can find this one. Keep me posted on the creep-out factor!!

Love the nail polish. Gives me an idea for something to do once the kids are in bed - PEDICURE!

Also - love the blog redesign. It looks beautiful.

Once Upon A Time said...

That is a GREAT book for beginning readers because of the predictable print. I always read it to my kindergartners. I love all of Eric Carle's books!

Melody said...

That looks like such a fun book. I know kids love it.

melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

We have Brown Bear and Polar Bear from that Eric Carle series, and our girls love them. (I bought them after my dad gave them the little stuffed animals from those books...and I love seeing the girls snuggled with Honey and Whitey [as they named their bears], reading their books!)

I'll definitely check that book out, too. I love to act out different animals with the girls, and maybe branch over into a little yoga here and there. We're always eager to add new animals to our act! :)

And I love OPI! :)

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

My kids love Eric Carle books too!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Renae said...

Moma Loves is such a great idea! I've been horribly behind in my Google Reader all summer, but working hard to catch up. I'll have to be on the lookout for the next one.

Great book choice! My kids love all things Eric Carle. The Eric Carle Museum is just a few hours from Boston, and I've heard it's really great for little ones. We haven't been yet (as I still hate to do things that might mess with naptime), but I really want to take Tiny and Buba sometime. They'd be in heaven!