I had been cataloguing my thankfulness list in my head or jotting a few notes down here in blogger numbers 1-378. This past week I began actually keeping a gratitude journal.
I can't tell you all how delightful it is to find things to be thankful for, to find things or moments that I want to etch into my head and my heart, because they are wonderful and bless my life. I write them down and/or take a picture, so that I can remember.
Sometimes it's easier to give thanks and to catalogue my list than others. This week---the weather was unseasonably warm, which caused my heart to soar, bursting with joy and thanks---the list came easily, as did the smile on my face and in my heart. Other weeks, when it's cold and dreary, the girls are fussy with teething pain, and I feel lonely and overwhelmed--it's harder to find joy, to write down my gifts, and to give thanks. That is the challenge. To find joy and thanks in all circumstances. I would encourage everyone to give it a shot, and if you do, I pray it blesses your life, as it has blessed mine.
379. Walk with Laila and Nori.
380. Laughter at getting out strollers stuck in the snow.
381. Crazy-warm temperatures.
382. Taking a walk through the garden.
383. Green peeking through the bones of last year's growth.
384. Swelling buds on the hydrangeas.
385. The promise of spring drawing near.
386. Playing volleyball.
387. Winning the match in two games with only four players.
388. Family meal.
389. Girls that enjoy eating spicy food.
390. Hadley bravely taking a few steps on her own.
391. Brynne being so proud of herself when she lets go and stands on her own.
392. Going for a walk with my girls.
393. Hadley smiles through the stroller window.
394. Mud instead of snow.
395. Snow to wash off the mud from the stroller tires.
396. Tulips, daffodils and hyacinth emerging in the garden.
397. Playing outside in February.
398. Babies' hair blowing in the breeze.
399. The smell of spring in the air.
400. Full moon on a winter night that feels like spring.
401. Sleeping with the windows open two nights in a row.
402. Our Lil Rinser arriving in the mail just in time for bath night.
403. Being able to rinse Hadley's hair without her fussing or squirming.
404. Organizing the girls' baby clothes.
405. The girls "helping" me organize.
406. Baltic amber necklaces arriving in the mail.
407. Ordering the girls' first pair of shoes.
408. Sunday afternoon working in the garden.
409. Another Sunday afternoon at the park.
410. My little "foodies" enjoying tuna steak with a ginger-shiitake cream sauce.
411. Wearing flip flops.
412. Holding hands while watching a movie.