Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Thanks

I hardly remember my birthday last year. I think I was delirious from lack of sleep. This year it was awesome! My husband was intentional about making it special. He planned our meals, scheduled a monitor sitter, took off work, took care of the girls, gave me "me" time, and changed ALL of the diapers in a 24 hour period. What more could a girl want?!

576. Brad being intentional.

577. Caroline monitor sitting.

578. Sushi date night.

579. Sleeping in the next morning.

580. Coffee at Starbucks by myself.  

581. Beautiful "drive with the sun-roof open" weather.

582. Well-wishes from family and friends.

583. Not changing one diaper all day long.

584. Running errands by myself. 

585. Run and good conversation with Laila and Nori.

586. Wang Gang.

587. First tulip blooming.


588. Cool breezes in the house.

589. The constant blessing of my garden.



590. Awakening to singing--birds and girls.

591. Dinner and an evening outside with Brad.

592. Taking the girls to their first birthday party.

593. Rompers.




594. Party dresses.




595. Heat-flushed cheeks.

596. Blossoms.

597. Bright paint colors.

598. Playdate with Shelly and Max.

599. Comfortable conversation with a dear friend.

600. Breakfast and coffee on the deck.

601. Morning sun on my shoulders.

602. Jonah.

603. Curly hair.

604. Reflections.



holy experience

8 comments:

B. said...

Happy belated birthday!
Coffee out by myself is my favourite thing. And no diapers is the best gift! Well done husband!

Cyndi said...

Happy birthday! What a sweet husband! Glad you had a great day! You deserve it!

Unknown said...

I love the term monitor sitting - just great

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

It sounds like you had an awesome birthday all the way around...I'm so glad! You deserve it! :) :)

You know I love some good "drive with the sun roof open"-weather...and that last picture, "Reflections", is priceless.

AA said...

I love the picture of Hadles looking in the kick plate of the door. And that beautiful outfit she is sporting!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I want to wish you a happy birthday, but it sounds like you already had the happiest one yet!!!! Good for you -- you deserved every minute of it!!! LOVE your garden. Just beautiful!!! I always love stopping by here and reading your lists! Your little ones just put a big smile on my face!!!

Twinside Out said...

It sounds like Brad did an excellent job and made it a wonderfully special birthday for you! I especially love the 24-hour diaper changing gift. That is so sweet!!

The tulip is gorgeous. I love spring!

Corinne Ritz said...

I love it when husbands are intentional. I love sushi dates. I LOVE your garden! And I love reflections!