Friday, in particular, was a crazy night. The sirens went off, and we learned that a tornado was heading down the interstate heading right for us.
For those of you who know me, or have been reading here for very long, you know that our girls' bedtime routine is sacred! We don't mess with bedtime routine. So, of course, the sirens went off about 30 minutes after we'd put the girls down for the night.
Safety is one of the few things that trumps the bedtime routine, but it still makes me sweat.
Through that whole experience, we have so much to be thankful for.
612. Girls waking up to go to the basement without a fuss or complaint.
613. Hadley falling asleep on Brad's chest in the basement.
614. Brynne falling asleep in my arms.
615. The tornado lifting up and missing us entirely, without even one downed tree limb.
616. Safety of my family on their way down to visit during the storm.
617. The girls going right back to sleep when we came up from the basement.
618. The aftermath of the storm creating a beautiful evening to sit outside, watch the lightning show, fellowship and drink wine.
619. My beautiful sisters coming to visit.
620. Playing the Easter Bunny.
621. Easter feast with family.
622. Spending Easter with family.
623. Making funny faces with Brynne.
624. Babies crawling into my lap to read stories.
625. New favorite toy.
626. Easter egg hunt in the basement.
627. Girls on the front steps.
628. Hadley hangin' on the front stoop.