Monday, April 25, 2011

Twister Thanks

We've had some pretty wild weather this spring! I guess that's not unusual in the Midwest. We've certainly had the tornado sirens going off a lot!

Friday, in particular, was a crazy night. The sirens went off, and we learned that a tornado was heading down the interstate heading right for us.

For those of you who know me, or have been reading here for very long, you know that our girls' bedtime routine is sacred! We don't mess with bedtime routine. So, of course, the sirens went off about 30 minutes after we'd put the girls down for the night.

Safety is one of the few things that trumps the bedtime routine, but it still makes me sweat.

Through that whole experience, we have so much to be thankful for.

612. Girls waking up to go to the basement without a fuss or complaint.

613. Hadley falling asleep on Brad's chest in the basement.

614. Brynne falling asleep in my arms.

615. The tornado lifting up and missing us entirely, without even one downed tree limb.

616. Safety of my family on their way down to visit during the storm.

617. The girls going right back to sleep when we came up from the basement.

618. The aftermath of the storm creating a beautiful evening to sit outside, watch the lightning show, fellowship and drink wine.

_________________________________________

619. My beautiful sisters coming to visit.


620. Playing the Easter Bunny.

621. Easter feast with family.

622. Spending Easter with family.

623. Making funny faces with Brynne.

              

624. Babies crawling into my lap to read stories.


625. New favorite toy.




626. Easter egg hunt in the basement.








627. Girls on the front steps.



628. Hadley hangin' on the front stoop.




holy experience

6 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad the tornado missed you!! We had a scare on Friday too. Spinning clouds over our house with the sirens going off. Not really fun!

Love the Easter pics! I come from a family of three sisters too!

ICLW #24

Amanda said...

I love the action shot of the egg going into the pail. Good work, Brynne! AA

Cyndi said...

So scary! Glad you all are safe! Cute easter pics! Love the bracelet.

Twinside Out said...

I am so glad that you all are safe - and that the girls went back to sleep so easily. We had some scary severe weather here during naptime last week, and I was seriously debating our options. I understand what you mean about sleep routines being sacred!! (Being the geek I am, I am now contemplating that sacred and scared are spelled with the same letters. If you didn't know before how strange I am...well, now you do. :-) )

LOVE the Easter pictures, and the picture of all the girls together. Looks like it was a super fun weekend!

Once Upon A Time said...

So glad that everything turned out okay. It is that time of year, isn't it? We had a similar situation a week ago. Love your weekly photos, as always!

Corinne Ritz said...

This was a great post! Your gratitude is so special. You are such a great example to me. Your daughters and their personalities are delightful!
Was that Abbey or Andrea with you and Amanda? Did your parents or brother come down? That very cool that they could come down for the Holiday. Holiday's with kids are so much better anyways.
Thanks for sharing the link. I really loved that bracelet idea.