Friday, April 15, 2011

Redemption: True Beauty Conversations

My friend Melissa and I are continuing our conversation about Beauty this morning. We've been talking about True Beauty through a series of letters on Fridays: What is Beauty? What will we tell our daughters about Beauty? We're so glad you're joining us. We would love to hear from you!
__________________________________________________

Dearest Melissa,

We've spoken of many things through this series.

We've talked of modesty, words, parenting our daughters, teaching our daughters about Beautywho is Beautiful and about living out Beauty to glorify the One who made it.

It's a lot to strive for, and much to live up to.

Of course, no one is perfect. We all have shortcomings.

But, what about when we fail?

________________________________________________

When I was in graduate school, my life felt completely and utterly out of control:
  • my boyfriend broke my heart
  • two of my best friends were engaged to be married
  • I was a bridesmaid in both weddings
  • from the recesses of my memory, I recalled trauma from my childhood
  • my family was one big disaster
  • graduate school was hard and demanding
  • I was working two part-time jobs
I was in the depths of despair. I handled "the depths of despair" poorly, to say the least.

_________________________________________________

Hop on over to Melissa's to read the rest of my letter.

No comments: