Friday, April 29, 2011

You're on the Right Track, Baby: True Beauty Confessions

My friend Melissa and I are continuing our conversation about Beauty this morning. We've been talking about True Beauty through a series of letters on Fridays: What is Beauty? What will we tell our daughters about Beauty? We're so glad you're joining us. We would love to hear from you!

____________________________________________

My Dear Melissa,

I have three confessions to make.

The first confession is that I am a "Gleek". Yes, I love Glee!

Your voice once echoed through Carnegie Hall. You know what it's like to sing beautifully.

I don't.

You dance. You dance in costume, no less.



I cannot dance. Unless I'm sitting down. I'm an excellent chair dancer.

But--in the privacy of my kitchen as I cook for my family during naptime, I dance and sing along with those crazy Glee kids, pretending to be a rock-star-diva.

Second confession: I love Lady Gaga.

Sure, she wears dresses that look like hanging meat and plunks a hunk of raw steak on her head for a hair bow, but that chick can kill a performance!


photo credit

I think that what’s so appealing about her to so many people is that she's an original. We all are, but she really lets is all hang out—in her music, in her fashion. She just doesn’t care.

So—on this week’s episode of Glee, my two loves collided, and it was too amazing, and too fitting not to talk about!
___________________________________________________

Hop on over to Melissa's to read my third confession and the rest of this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady Gaga wrote a song about Judas. She is disgusting!

Julia said...

Sorry to hear that you choose to judge the entirity of a person and their work on one thing they did.

All truth is God's truth. What Gaga has to say is pretty true, and I think Jesus would agree....

Craig said...

Beauty - Singing - Dancing - Beef - Controversy - I have to admit that although I know Lady Gaga - I've listened to bits of her - but I really don't know her music - If you like her she can't be that bad - and Judas - I've felt sorry for him at times - we are all stupid. No? God Bless and keep you and all of yours Julia. I kinda hearted this post. Thank you.