Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Core Values

Last week I read my sweet friend Mandy's core values, and I've been thinking about what I would put on my list ever since.

Then, Amanda made it the question of the week, and I knew I needed to get my thoughts written down.

I think even after I've posted this I'll come up with some more---thank you so much for getting me thinking, ladies!
________________________________________________________________________________

I believe everyone has a story to tell.



I believe that our realities are shaped by our experiences.

I believe that love wins. 

I believe in taking your shoes off in the house.

I believe that being a parent is the hardest and most important thing that I've ever done.

I believe that it is completely possible to do hard things

I believe that playing in the dirt can be incredibly therapeutic.

I believe in fostering creativity in myself and in my children.



I believe that being beautiful starts on the inside. 

I believe in a good cup of coffee to start the day.

I believe in family time and family suppers.

I believe in reading my daughters stories every single day. 

I believe in eating sushi/Thai/Chinese/Vietnamese with chopsticks. 

I believe that a good glass of red wine makes everything just a little bit better.



I believe in honoring my children's schedule.

I believe in being respectful of other people's time.

I believe happiness is found by living fully and contentedly right where you are, regardless of the circumstances. 

I believe in experiencing life through exploration.

I believe in trying new things.  

I believe that my marriage is the closest and most important relationship I can have with a human.

I believe:



I believe that everything is a miracle

I believe in slathering my children in sunscreen and keeping them in a rear-facing car seat as long as possible.

I believe in being intentional.

I believe in doing things out of love, not obligation.

I believe in grace.

I believe Jesus is the answer. 

I believe in creating a culture of being active in our home.

I believe in being present with people.

I believe that it's important to take time to breathe.

I believe that we belong to each other. 
_________________________________________________________________________________
What about you?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Great list Julia! Thanks for participating in the QOTW!

yettie said...

Love the list and I'd like to know what brand shoes those are. On an aside, I think there's something wierd going on with your RSS feed. The core values post never showed up on my reader

yettie said...

My bad. I thought I was posting my comment on the "Funky" post. Sigh! It's that kinda day I guess

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So many of these resonate with me, Julia...

Everyone has a story, for sure. When I think about that idea, I often think about a line from a James Taylor song, "The sun shines on a funeral, the same as on a birth..." You never know what someone is going through...

Respect your children's schedules. I've been thinking a lot about this one, too...particularly as I think about preschool in the fall. I'm 90% there, but the thing that makes me the most sad is, what if our girls don't want to get up and dressed by 9:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays? These wonderful days, I'm almost always able to defer to what the girls are feeling...if they're engaged in a great play pattern, why disturb them???

Being present...being respectful of others and of others' time...and you know I do love me some sunscreen, rear-facing car seats...and I'd add WET WIPES to that list! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing, Julia! I really, really love your list!